fot

Re: 1998 Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction (Scottsdale)

To: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Subject: Re: 1998 Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction (Scottsdale)
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:40:20 -0500 (EST)
Dear Andy and FoTs,
Actually I'm pleasantly but not totally surprised at this news.  Last year
or late in '96, an original works TR4 rally car in FLA rumor has brought
more than $30,000.  In Southhampton NY, I have seen street MGAs listed for
upwards of $20,000 probably for the nouveau rich society set as starter
classics.  The TR4/4A series values should be inflating as they reach the
>30 yr. old status, just as did the big Healeys of the late '50s and the
MGA.  Or maybe I'm just the eternal optimist...
Sincerely
-KevinO