fot

RE: Rods

To: "'vinttr4@forbin.com'" <vinttr4@FORBIN.COM>
Subject: RE: Rods
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:38:45 -0500
Well this morning I had to follow up on Nicks post. So I called Eagle
(stock car and drag rods). It looked like they had just the thing. 6.250"
center to center fully prepped racing rods at about $500/8. But, like Uncle
Jack points out, the side clearance of 0.200"+ is a bit much.

But....if one were to build that killer motor with a custom steel crank
from, say, Moldex. And would adjust his bearing journal width to
accommodate that Chevy rod, one would pay for half of the crankshaft with
the savings from the rod set. And, they say, less bearing area frees up
those ponies.... so I dunno....It might be a feasible way to go.