fot

RE: TR3A rack and pinion conversion.

To: "'Angelo Graham'" <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>,
Subject: RE: TR3A rack and pinion conversion.
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:21:17 -0400
I used a sprite rack and pinion + TR4 control arms. It's all a bolt in so
it can be easily converted back to stock. The tie rods for the sprite rack
need to be cut down and re-threaded for the TR rod ends( ie, right and left
dies).  I ended up using a TR-4 steering column assembly (and motolita
steering wheel). All of this was done in '94 and to be honest, the car has
seen little use since, about 150 miles (started racing in '95).

Before you do the conversion, you should spruce up on camber gain and bump
steer to be sure what you end up with is stable.

Good luck,
Chip