fot

Header

To: friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 07:02:54 -0500
After the recent exchange on eshaust headers, I had several qquestions
like "ok jack now what are you going to buy?"

Oh, heck. When I buy a new header it is going to be a Stahl. At the
moment, I'm going to use my dumb old Monza. I was going to replace it
because I discovered after two and a half seasons that two of the holes
in the flange were misaligned with the exhaust ports on the head by 1/4"
(duuhh...don't ask why it took me so long to find this). Reading some
sage advice in the responses, I got out my floor jack and a length of
chain and straightened it. Didn't even use my dial indicator. Joe
Alexander predicts that with this new alignment and increase in flow I
will see a decrease in torque and horsepower.

I'm just so proud (and also broke after the BIG TRIP to Florida) that
I'm going to put off getting what I really want and spend the $300 on an
entry fee. Besides, I'm such a good driver that I have to build in these
handicaps so as to not demoralize the opposition.....

But watch out when I get that extra $300....
--
uncle jack the carfrek
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer