fot

Re: Rice Burners from the East

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com
Subject: Re: Rice Burners from the East
From: S800Racer <S800Racer@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:25:58 EDT
        If space is available, we will try to set up with the TT crew.  We hope
have 3 Honda powered cars from North Carolina (S800 Coupe and 2 NTM DSRs) and
one from Colorado (S800 Roadster).
        July seems like a long time from now, but that's a good thing as it
gives me
time to rebuild my good motor.  If I had a tell-tale on my tach I would now
know exactly how many RPM it takes to hurt an S800 motor.  As far as I can
tell, it is somewhere between 12,000 and 13,000 rpm.  That's about what I
zinged it to when I missed 3rd gear going onto the backstraight at Road
Atlanta.  But before I got stupid..... damn, she was running strong!
        Back to the workbench.  Is anyone using MSD boxes with rev limiters and
do
they make one with an 11,000 rpm limiter?

        Doug Meis - Team Escargot.