fot

Re: Rice Burners from the East

To: S800Racer@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rice Burners from the East
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:54:01 EDT

<< July seems like a long time from now, but that's a good thing as it gives
me
 time to rebuild my good motor.  If I had a tell-tale on my tach I would now
 know exactly how many RPM it takes to hurt an S800 motor.  As far as I can
 tell, it is somewhere between 12,000 and 13,000 rpm.  That's about what I
 zinged it to when I missed 3rd gear going onto the backstraight at Road
 Atlanta.  But before I got stupid..... damn, she was running strong!
        Back to the workbench.  Is anyone using MSD boxes with rev limiters and
do
 they make one with an 11,000 rpm limiter?

        Doug Meis - Team Escargot.

Doug-
Can't imagine how you ended up here on this list...but...

I remember the first time I heard Carson Baird, I believe, passin all the
Spridgets comin out of the "loop" at Watkins. I thought the guy had lost his
mind as the revs continued, and continued. I actually winced and looked
away...until he did it again the next lap! Somewhere I have a picture of the
car and the tach...redlined at about 14,000. I've toyed around with a few of
them, but they never "stuck". A few years ago I ran across the sole surviving
vestige of my "Honda" years, a very nice grille with the turn signals in it.
Can't remember if it was a 600 or an 800 (I think 800), but if you or someone
you know would like it, it's available for shipping expenses.

Turning Japanese, I really think so...not
       Nick in Nor Cal