fot

New header install...

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: New header install...
From: DLM Assoc <DLMAssoc@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 19:39:58 EDT
Amici:

Just as information, I got my new Stahl header and TR4A intake
manifold (thanks Irv) installed on the TR4 today after a fair amount
of grinding on various parts and pieces.  Compared to what I've
read on the list though, I think the Stahl must fit better than some
others.

The only serious grinding I had to do was on the header mounting
plate where it interfered with the intake manifold.  I compromised by
grinding both parts until they finally fit correctly.  Not a big deal really.
I also had to hammer down a small area below the inner fender and
grind away a section of frame "flange" to make room for one of the
header tubes.  Otherwise, the collector comes out right below the
starter and won't need any bending to match up to a tailpipe.

The best part was after all that, including installation of an oil pressure
cutoff switch for the electric fuel pump, it actually started right up.
Now to the muffler shop for a 2 1/2" pipe out the back, then back to
work on the new engine...

See ya...
Don Marshall
'63 TR4  EPrepared