fot

Road America Report

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road America Report
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 07:09:11 -0400
Hello FOTers,

Just back from a beautiful weekend in Wisconsin.  Crystal clear
blue skies, lots of sunshine (ouch!), temperatures in the 80's,
and 200 vintage race cars.  What a combination.

Don Brick in his white TR4 was the first TR to take the checkered
flag in the Sunday race, followed by Bob Wismer in the Triumph
powered Thunderbolt.  Bill Detinger had some mechanical problems
during the closing laps of the Badger 200 and could not run the
Sunday race.  Cindy Owens in her freshly prepared TR4 was working
up to speed through the weekend only to have her transmission
crap out during the race.

Although not racing Triumphs this weekend, Mike Jackson and I
were racing in the Monoposto Group 2 races.  More bad luck as
Mike's fan belt blew off his Formula V during the race causing
him an early finish.  I had a brake line come loose, and with no
brakes at Canada Corner ended up in the kitty litter in my FF!!!
(No damage other than my ego.)

Kind of a sparse turnout of Triumph race cars, but plenty of
street Triumphs as the Wisconsin Triumph Club hosted a weekend
event with an informal Concours and nice dinner party (Thanks
Bill for the invite!)  On hand for part of the weekend was our
ever vigilant FOT leader Joe Alexander and son Sean.  They were
accompanied by fellow FOTer Jim Hill from Madison, WI.

Hey.........   Let's get those TRs on the race track!

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff Snook
Battle of Britain Racing