fot

Re: Attention all TR3-4 vintage racers

To: GRMTim@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Attention all TR3-4 vintage racers
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 05:03:59 -0700
Ready made cells are the norm I think.  an 8 gal fits easily in the
trunk but may be a bit small for some enduros.  Would be no problem at
all for hour long ones, which is most common.  The HSR 3 hour race at
Sebring might be a problem if you are pumping enough HP.  All the 1 hour
races require 1 pit stop of 5 minutes minimum duration.  Plenty of time
to fuel.

One sees both roll bars and roll cages of various designs in newly
produced cars.  Mine has  a front hoop just under the dash connected
with side bars at door level so is somewhat of a compromise.

Running Webers moves you up a class in some groups and brings all the
joys associated with Weber ownership.  Mine has SUs, never had much of a
problem running with Webered cars of similar compression and rpm range.

my aftermarket aluminum seat makes the difference between beging so
tired and sore I can barely wiggle after a weekend and just being
pleasantly worn out.  the side support during an incident might make
substantial difference in injury risk.  Buy carefully, the darn cars are
so narrow that not all seats will even fit.  I think mines a Butler.

Would be nice to see JK at a track again.