fot

Re: Triumph engine and gearbox

To: DWhitesdJr@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Triumph engine and gearbox
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:37:48 -0600 (MDT)
Without actually opening up the motor and taking measuring tools in hand,
it is hard to say what sort of tuning was done.  But "SAH" was Syd Hurrell (?)
a noted Triumph tuner in England.  His son Terry, I think it is, continued
the performance parts business, currently known as Triumph Tune.

So, it could be a well tuned, full race motor, or some previous owner found
the plate.  I'm personally getting out of the big TR cars, and concentrating
on the small chassis cars, so my interest in the motor is minimal.  But maybe
someone else on this list could use it.

mjb.