fot

nomination to FOT

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: nomination to FOT
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:14:42 -0400
Salutations,
I would like to toss yet another name into the hat of membership, that of
Dan Ceilley. Formerly known as Lt. Dan and having hailed from Iowa in a
younger day, Dan has a very well prepared Mk4 Spitfire and currently
resides in Florida but is enticed back to the northern climes for racing
usually joined by his dad Ed with
his red GT-6. Dan has, after a few years, begun to exhibit all those signs
of being a true enthusiast of Triumph Vintage Racing.
I offer his following qualifications:

Awareness of all knuckles by counting cuts and divots upon them.

A permanent oil stain on his garage floor

A depleted checking account

Comes from the garage with new inspiration for the fate of future paychecks

Can be heard repeating "this is for fun, this is for fun!" as he bandages
his hand, or writes his last check for parts including next day freight
fees two days before a race.

His credit card number is known by heart by at least 6 parts houses

They know him by voice recognition, even his sobs and whimpers are now known

Groceries are postponed until the new tires are bought

There are rumors he stores car parts in the livingroom. (His brother
confirms this!)

He has been seen running to the loo at Mid Ohio hitting perfect apexes at
each corner

Has come to recognize when we send him for Bass, we don't want him to
return with a dead fish!

Sacks under the eyes on a race weekend are a normal phenomen, sleep is for
the rest of the year

When he says "WOW, look at those babies!" he's referring to tires not a
local pit tootsie's anatomy

No longer fumbles with his sneakers when we tell him to "Open the Boot!"

Has experienced a three "Holy S___!" turn on wet pavement

Equates a "tank of fuel" with calculations of $4.00 @ gallon x 8

Wears a grin for weeks after a race, so much so in fact his coworkers have
become nervous thinking he knows something they don't!

    In any case Dan is a great sort and I look forward to spending a great
weekend with him at Mid Ohio. He is a worthy addition to the list.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49