fot

Re: Hosed

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Hosed
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:57:15 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Mark J. Bradakis wrote:

> Well, don't count on it, but Killer may not be a two tone special this year.
> If I stay focused and don't get too distracted, I should have the 250 done
> and gone soon, and have a few days left to work on Killer.  Let's see, 20
> days from this moment I plan to be somewhere near the eastern edge of Wyoming
> or into Nebraska, hmm...

but the 2-tone is part of the "character" of Killer, isn't it?

BTW, is the rear of Killer painted in the color called "Jasmine"?

> But then again, at this point, we could just show up doing nothing more
> than checking the oil, charging the battery and wiping off the big chunks
> of dirt and grime.  I say "we" but there is a possibility that with his
> recent job change, Pugs may not be able to get away for VTR this year.  Drat.

Well, if Pugs doesn't make it - tell him we'll miss him.

> Of course, on the other hand, without Pugs there, there is no threat of
> anyone being able to beat me on the autocross course.  I'm not worried
> about any TR4s getting the best time of the day!

... but what about those TR6's??? Let's see - I have the 4.88 diff with a
Quaiffe stting on the floor next to my TR6. Hmmm. I imagine it will take
quite a while longer to drive there with this setup - but I'll be a
candidate for "Most Miles Driven in a Triumph" because my odometer will
read something like: 1777.67 miles _each way_ if I use that diff... now, I
call the Hoosier guy and give him my MC number for a new set of tires...
this is starting to sound expensive!

Hmmmmm.

On the other hand, I could bring the "other" diff. and install it once I
get there...

;-)

Yep. Killer will probably get FTD - unless there's some "high speed"
stuff on the AutoX aka a "power circuit". Then we'll see what happens.

> mjb.

rml

p.s. Wait'll Portland, ME... whoops! I'm not supposed to say anything
yet. Ignore that. But if the stars line up correctly - we should see a
new TR6 AP car there...
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |