fot

Re: Hosed

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hosed
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:58:45
At 02:39 PM 6/25/98 -0600, Mark J. Bradakis wrote:
>Let's see, the last time a six cylinder Triumph beat one of my Spits
>at a VTR autocross, it was Seattle, in, uh, '93?  That's when Chris K.'s
>GT6 took the top time, with Bob Bownes at the wheel.  Of course, he beat
>me by about half the time I wasted on a particular downshift, drat.

...and he only beat me because I'd warmed the tires fro him and he's
more than a bit lighter than I am!  For those who don't know, I think
Bob's margin of victory over me was something like 0.008 seconds.
Wasn't there a fast 6 banger or two in Savannah in '94?  But then
your Spits weren't there, were they?

>Trash talk aside, though, this could end up being a good year for VTR
>autocrosses.  Hope we get a decent site and a good course.  There ought
>to be a sizeable handful of capable contenders this year.

Yeah, it should be a lot of fun this year.

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu