fot

UN-hosed!

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: UN-hosed!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:53:03 -0400 (EDT)
The good news is that a lower radiator hose was found and installed and
all was readied for the ceremonial first firing-up of the Hardly Boys
RaceSpit 4. And fire up it did, after the usual 12-15 tries. (Like the
"works" Spitfires, this car is a pig to start from cold, although it has
chokes, more or less!)

That's the good news: it runs. The bad news is that it's not running
WELL. Right now we're looking at the Hardly Boys RaceSpit 3.41 or so.
Jeez, I may just have to go through and check everything thoroughly (and
pray it's nothing that can't be dealt with easily and cheaply between now
and mid-July).

I'd have offered up the "broomstick" as a gesture of good faith to the
Wizard; however, I'm currently using it to support the bonnet. Where ARE
those ruby slippers?

Stay tuned (pun somewhat intended)....

--Andy