fot

Re: Avon Standards

To: "Will, Dale" <dwill@consrv.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: Avon Standards
From: John Bishop <bishcon@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 12:10:50 +0800
Dale,
        I have a book on the Standard Car which lists and has pictures of
most Standard Avon models. They were produced from 1929 to 1936 with the
largest number being Anon Nine Special 2 Seaters made in 1929 - 1931. From
1931 - 1934 they made mostly Avon Sixteen Sports and Sports Coupes. In 1936
there were the Avon Flying Twelve and Sixteen Saloons.

You may also be interested to know there were a few 1938 Avon-bodied Triumph
Vitesse Foursome Coupes Built. I understand there may be one survivor.

When I get time I will scan the photo's of the models and email them to you.

Last weekend I took the TR2 up into Malaysia for an Estate Event. We had a
normal garage wiggle-woggle driving test to start with followed by a flat
out timed event on the dirt tracks in a Rubber Estate. I am happy to say the
TR2 achieved FTD by a considerable margin. The day finished with a late
curry lunch in the garden of the estate managers bungalow washed down with
fresh palm toddy and a few beers. A great day.

By the way when I tried to contact the link below and was advised there is
no such page. I did get to Geocities Motor City page though.

At 11:20 26-06-98 -0700, Will, Dale wrote:
>In my quest to learn more about all things prewar, I am curious if anyone
>knows anything about Avon bodied Standards.  They made some beautiful cars
>which fit right in our idiom of tall wire wheels and cycle fenders.  Check
>out
>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1087/smcph27.html.   My Triumph sources
>mention them in passing as partipating in the '34 Alpine Trials, etc.   Who
>has the scoop on these things?
>
>Dale

Best regards

John Bishop