fot

Re: Avon Standards

To: baxter Culver <102247.2323@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Avon Standards
From: John Bishop <bishcon@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:18:11 +0800
Toddy is a fermenting fluid tapped from the top of a palm tree. Not from the
coconut but from the base of the sprouting centre frond. It is pleasant to
taste and when fresh only mildly intoxicating, however if left for a few
days it becomes a fairly strong alcoholic drink with quite a kick. As it
requires no brewing and only the climbing of a tree to get a supply it has
always been popular with the plantation workers in Malaysia.

Best regards

John Bishop

At 01:05 27-06-98 -0400, baxter Culver wrote:
>Hm
>can we get some more information on the "palm toddy's"    We, at least I,
>am familiar with the  "beer".   being internationalist, that is.

Best regards

John Bishop
Bishop Consulting Services
85 Neram Road,