fot

(no subject)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:58:38 -0400
fot memebers. i have sad news for all fot.  this pst saturday at
mid-ohio, john kelly suffered a major heart problem while drivng in his
porsche 911 (ex 2.5 transam car from the late '60's which he raced then
and kept).  john hit the tire wall in turn 1. there was no trauma to
john, but he was already "out" from the heart problem.  john was
transported to mansfield hospital.  he has in a coma since leaving the
track saturday morning.  my wife and i had dinner with john and susann
friday evening and he was fine.  john drove for group 44 for many years,
was a multi time national champion in tr4a and spitfires,as well as
driving an extremely successful elva courier. john an di drove several
pro endurance events together including the sebring 12 hour as well as
racing against each other,  a truly nice man and an excelllent driver.
recently john has been driving his porsche transam car and he also has
been driving his ex- group44 tr8 transam car in vintage events.  my wife
and i have been in contact with susann and the hospital and no change as
of late this afternoon.  please keep john in your thoughts and prayers.
ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive