fot

Re: Daimler SP250

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: Re: Daimler SP250
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 16:16:37
At 02:44 PM 7/6/98 -0500, Alexander Joseph H wrote:
>About 100 yards to the east of me resides a SP250.
>snip...
>It is clearly a project car of some unknown value. Over the years the owner,
>an eccentric genius, has had a somewhat expanded view of it's value. (My
>opinion) He is now seriously contemplating his existence and is increasingly
>interested in selling it.

That brings back some memories - as I was packing to leave Colorado,
Scotland Yard was in the process of selling off some of their assets.
I was offered an SP250 project car, which was quite complete but quite
tatty, for $300.  Since I already had too many project to viably move,
I decided to pass on it.  Interesting cars, though if you can get
past the looks (the description large mouth bass comes to mind).

No, I don't really need another project, thank you,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu