fot

Churchill puller

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Churchill puller
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 11:57:14 -0700
OK, several recent messages are dangerously close to stirring me out
of my indolence and into remanufacture of the Churchill puller for
TRs. (It doesn't seem worth doing for the Spit/GT, since TSSC makes
a perfectly adequate unit.)

I'd really like to inspect an original (Hardy, maybe this will finally
get me up to your place) but until I do, could someone who has one answer
a couple of questions:

Is this thing really cast iron, as I've been thinking?
Cast in a single piece?
How tall?
How thick?

Or is it a casting welded to the plate that bolts to the studs?

I'm mostly trying to get an idea of what it will take to make the mold
and how much the castings are likely to cost. My current thinking is
to make up half a dozen and sell all but one ... how much would you pay?

Thanks.