fot

Re: Assistance with TR3 inspection/justification

To: EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Assistance with TR3 inspection/justification
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:23:19 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 14 Nov 1998 EISANDIEGO@aol.com wrote:

> ...TR3...very complete and original -
> with one possible exception, the color. It is very hard to describe - it is a
> faded metallic blue green...
> He claims that it is the original paint (or so he was told when
> he purchased the car). Anyone know whether this was a factory paint option ?

My understanding is that pretty much anything was possible with these
cars. Especially given an influential customer, dealer or regional
distributor, just about anything could be had on Triumphs in terms of
colors and other spec's.

>  When I look more closely at the car, I going to look for indications that the
> car was repainted over the original color. However,  remember reading
> somewhere that a few TR3 where imported into Southern California in primer and
> customed paint for customers. Is there anything that would indicate the car
> was imported in primer ?

Probably the best (possibly only) way would be to get a copy of the build
record from British Motor Industry Heritage Trust in Gaydon, England.

> Okay, now for most important assistance of all. How to you justify to your
> wife why you purchased another triumph ? Remember, she is a smart lady.

Can't help you here; sorry! :-)

--Andy