fot

Re: Your Spitfire!!!!

To: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Subject: Re: Your Spitfire!!!!
From: Tom Strange <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:03:43 -0800
  I am getting mentally prepared to launch my V8 spit project & so far my
differential thoughts have been the ford 9" ..... the alternate being a mopar 8
3/4".  The mopar is not as strong, but should handle anything I throw at it & a
lot cheaper to build.
  If you want to keep the IRS (I do) either differential will take the mod to
Jag axles.  I think Mercedes axels would also work just as well.

  BTW, I am hoping for about 350 hp from a ford 289 (I just like those engines &
I've built them before ..... I know the 302 would be a better choice; it's
nostalgia) & a T-5 tranny in a tube frame with a spit tub pinned on.
  I figgure this will be about a 3 year project.  That gives me about a 3 yr
life expectance after the start of the project.  Anything beyond the first lap
at RA will be borrowed time.

 Comments from those more knowledgeable???????????? (sane????????) Flame away,
I'm open to any ideas, suggestions or financial contributions..........
  In the corner with my nomex on.........
Tom Strange, Classic Autosports Ltd., Appleton, Wi.,  920-733-5013