fot

Re: Uhhhh, Everyone?

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Uhhhh, Everyone?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:20:25 -0500 ()
On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Bob Lang wrote:

> > ...You got your current SCCA production racers, you got
> > your vintage racers, you got your autocrossers in both "prepped" cars and
> > streetable cars, there might well be rallyists out there, and there are
> > more than a few very interested and knowledgeable "observer/historian"
> > types on the list.
>
> Well put, Andy. I suppose that is why you are El Presidente' of VTR. Such
> a way with words.

Now if I could only get the Hardly Boys RaceSpit 4 to run as well as my
mouth! :-)

> And I agree. Whether we're Vintage, SCCA, Solo II, Speeede fReakZ -
> whatever. There's a lot less of us out there _right now_ than there used
> to be and we all need to support each other.

Absolutely. Which reminds me of two things:

1. Anyone know any semi-big-time rallyists running Triumphs? And do they
have e-mail, and do they want to be included here?

2. Question especially for Russ Moore: Back in the 1970s, I used to drive
by a Triumph Herald "mini-stocker" (yes, folks, a Herald for the dirt
ovals!) somewhere in the outskirts of Watkins Glen. Any idea, Russ, if the
car is still extant? I use to think that was so way cool; I suppose most
of you could figure out why!

Hey, who needs "Legends" cars when we could all be sliding Herald saloons
'round the banked dirt tracks?

--Andy