fot

flags

To: "Amici Triumphi" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: flags
From: "Pat Ryan" <psryan@novazone.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 19:45:22 -0600
Ok I'll bite.

Doesn't everyone realize that the blue flag simply means:  Uh, you might
want to look in your mirrors.

Blue flags are seen equally as often by the passers as by the passees.  I
know which I prefer to be.

Remember it is purely informational, not instructional or authoritarian.

I have been on both sides of the blue flag and I know which I prefer.  Years
of flagging before driving make me extraordinarily thankful for the unpaid
faithful who risk life and limb to protect ours.

It was much more cost effective when I worked for a few cans of beer and
slept in a tent.  Maybe more fun too.  Maybe not.  Definitely not.  Both are
better than work.

Thanks, jdesanti, for the yank on our chain.

Somebody start a thread on scatalogical humor and its impact on vintage
racing.  OFN ?  You up to it? Are you even on this list?

Pat