fot

Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com
Subject: Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey
From: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 14:15:49 -0500
At 11:44 AM 1/5/99 -0700, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

>In truth, the Goodwood trip was actually Bob Bownes' idea, I just was the
>first to mention it in email.  Hmm, if I am planning to go, I better start
>saving my pennies now.

It may actually have been Kristen's idea...But whomever had it, it was a
good one. One of the motivators was avoiding the heat of VTR in Houston...

In any case, we're in for the trip. KLM and I were in that region about 4
years ago, stayed in a bunch of B&B's and had a super time wandering around
southern England and the Cotswolds.

Given that a)this is a pretty major trip for most folks, and b) everyone
will not have the same amount of available time, and c) that some will want
to do their own thing for at least a while, what I would suggest is we plan
for a week before and a week after Goodwood (I think it is only a few
days...) and let those who want to pick up and be there before/after do so.
A core of 10 or so folks could be accommodated at most of the B&B's (or two
close to each other)

There were a few other suggestions of things to do while we are there,
which included trips to BMHIT, a club race weekend, time on the trout
(chalk) streams of southern England, trips to various auto mfr sites, the
usual tourist stuff, and in general, lots of quality time on back country
roads.

KLM: You wanted a vacation I could be enthused about...this is it!  Maybe
we go this year and do some 'research'!

iii