fot

Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey

To: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>,
Subject: Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 09:48:33 -0500
Okay, now I'm interested in this too. Is there a plan afoot to get the cars
over there and if so how would we transport them about, get them back to
the boat etc.? Not very likely I would take the 33' motorhome and 24'
trailer. Would it start another world conflict if a Spitfire joined the
ranks? I am a bit concerned about whether the Brits are still torqued off
about us spilling some tea in Boston Harbor. (I didn't do it!) I have
insulted Porsches as appropriate in the past to keep the spirit of "Battle
of Britian" alive. They of course have bested me at times too!

As far as making the Spit a street car, that's almost impossible.

Also the last time I drove a right hand drive Mini, I nearly tore off the
door handle when it was time to shift. Might be an interesting way to see
the countryside. I suppose that's a large vehicle over there. Any hipshot
guesstimates on the cost of this endeavor? Anyone? I also wonder, in my
cheapness, if we couldn't maybe get some sort of sponsorship for the group
from some entity that might use it as a PR opportunity. Any thoughts in the
group.

As a side note, I would hope our TR's might return from the other side of
the pond in better condition than the Healeys left a few years back after
their tour. Should we expect corner knocking over there as a way of life or
is their Vintage venue similar to ours in that contact is not allowed, nor
condoned. Any comments Paul?
This does sound interesting and worth exploration. Any raise of hands as to
how many have interest to date?
Best regards
Russ Moore
Spitfire #49 SVRA