fot

Re: The 2001 'do'

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: The 2001 'do'
From: "Roger Beasley" <beeline@iline.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:00:33 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_01BE3AF6.1CD46540

Dear FOTers,

I am delighted that the "Goodwood" event is being considered for a FOT 2001
outing.
The "Festival of Speed"  on the grounds of the Goodwood Estate is far and
away the best event of any kind that I have attended.  Paul's E-mail below,
generously offering his assistance, prompts me to relate yet another
possibility that he may also be considering.

We could, as I did last year,  join the Goodwood Road Racing Company
(GRRC).  This would give us access to the Kenrara private enclosure
(covered grandstand strategically positioned for best viewing) with the
members' catering tent just behind the stands.  It also provided the most
magnificent "luxury loos" (portable toilets).  All this made the event
bearable, and even enjoyable to my wife; what with tea and scones available
at any time, as well as the excellent meals, not to mention a refuge from
the rain.

There are also other perks for GRRC members.  Access to the Goodwood House
and the auction of memorabilia and cars held on the back lawn during the
Festival is an important plus, as that is where luminaries such as Sterling
Moss, John Surtees, et. al., were most often found.  And, for those members
who can make it to England more than once a year, the  GRRC and Lord March,
the Earl of Goodwood, issue periodic invitations to events such as a tour
of one of the Formula One constructor's facilities, a Christmas party at
Goodwood House, and of course, an invitation to the September Goodwood
Reunion races at the circuit itself.

 In our experience, it is necessary to plan and commit well ahead of the
event.  We started to make arrangements in January to make last June's
Festival.  The accomodations we found were at a B&B in Hasslemere, some
25-30 miles away.  If something closer is desired, I suggest starting ASAP
to secure it.  The internet has a wealth of information on hotels and
B&B's.  I would be happy to provide information on the websites we found.
Perhaps though, it would be useful to refer to the Goodwood site at
<www.goodwood.co.uk> for a general overview of the whole estate.

Best regards,

Roger Beasley
'62 TR4 vintage racer
Cape Coral, Fl

----------
> From: Paul Richardson <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
> To: fot@autox.team.net
> Subject: The" 2001 'do'
> Date: Wednesday, January 06, 1999 4:06 AM
>
> Dear FOTers
>
> It would be a superb idea to have a FOTer meet at Goodwood in  June 2001.
> I'll have a chat with John Macartney later today (I check my e-mail at
> 6.00am - John will not be up at this time, but more likely he's not even
> back in yet!!).
>
> I would be only too pleased (and I know John would) to meet up with
fellow
> FOTers at Goodwood in 2001, and I know John and I will organise something
> to make any such trip a memorable one. Last year's event was truly
> fantastic I'm told. Many of the old GP drivers raced in MILLIONS of
pounds
> worth of vintage racing and sports cars, and several of them said it was
> the best racing event they've ever attended.
>
> There are two ways we can do it. Either we pre purchase tickets etc. and
> turn up to enjoy the day as presented by the organisers, or we could
> organise an exclusive 'FOTer Hospitality Package' at the circuit which
will
> include a reserved table/s, full 4 star catering and 'champers' etc. -
this
> facility will not be the cheapest. As I run my own 'corporate
> entertainment' company, however, I'm sure I can get us a 'cost deal'. I
> know there will be plenty of U.K. Triumph people at Goodwood in 2001, so
we
> could end up with our own 'Private Triumph Racing Chalet' within the
> exclusive tented village -we'll see. Other alternatives include 'campers'
> or tents parked in a reserved area for the duration of the event (self
> catering). I'll get some costings over the next few days to see what's on
> offer. I will, however, front up with a welcome drinks and nibbles
> reception for the FOTer group - whatever we decide to do. John and I can
> also advise on tours and trips etc.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Paul

------=_NextPart_000_01BE3AF6.1CD46540

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Dear FOTers,<br><br>I am delighted that =
the &quot;Goodwood&quot; event is being considered for a FOT 2001 =
outing.<br>The &quot;Festival of Speed&quot; &nbsp;on the grounds of the =
Goodwood Estate is far and away the best event of any kind that I have =
attended. &nbsp;Paul's E-mail below, generously offering his assistance, =
prompts me to relate yet another possibility that he may also be =
considering.<br><br>We could, as I did last year, &nbsp;join the =
Goodwood Road Racing Company (GRRC). &nbsp;This would give us access to =
the Kenrara private enclosure (covered grandstand strategically =
positioned for best viewing) with the members' catering tent just behind =
the stands. &nbsp;It also provided the most magnificent &quot;luxury =
loos&quot; (portable toilets). &nbsp;All this made the event bearable, =
and even enjoyable to my wife; what with tea and scones available at any =
time, as well as the excellent meals, not to mention a refuge from the =
rain. &nbsp;<br><br>There are also other perks for GRRC members. =
&nbsp;Access to the Goodwood House and the auction of memorabilia and =
cars held on the back lawn during the Festival is an important plus, as =
that is where luminaries such as Sterling Moss, John Surtees, et. al., =
were most often found. &nbsp;And, for those members who can make it to =
England more than once a year, the &nbsp;GRRC and Lord March, the Earl =
of Goodwood, issue periodic invitations to events such as a tour of one =
of the Formula One constructor's facilities, a Christmas party at =
Goodwood House, and of course, an invitation to the September Goodwood =
Reunion races at the circuit itself.<br><br> In our experience, it is =
necessary to plan and commit well ahead of the event. &nbsp;We started =
to make arrangements in January to make last June's Festival. &nbsp;The =
accomodations we found were at a B&amp;B in Hasslemere, some 25-30 miles =
away. &nbsp;If something closer is desired, I suggest starting ASAP to =
secure it. &nbsp;The internet has a wealth of information on hotels and =
B&amp;B's. &nbsp;I would be happy to provide information on the websites =
we found. &nbsp;Perhaps though, it would be useful to refer to the =
Goodwood site at &nbsp;&lt;www.goodwood.co.uk&gt; for a general overview =
Richardson &lt;<font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk</u><font =
color=3D"#000000">&gt;<br>&gt; To: <font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>fot@autox.team.net</u><font =
color=3D"#000000"><br>&gt; Subject: The&quot; 2001 'do'<br>&gt; Date: =
&nbsp;June 2001.<br>&gt; I'll have a chat with John Macartney later =
today (I check my e-mail at<br>&gt; 6.00am - John will not be up at this =
time, but more likely he's not even<br>&gt; back in yet!!).<br>&gt; =
with fellow<br>&gt; FOTers at Goodwood in 2001, and I know John and I =
will organise something<br>&gt; to make any such trip a memorable one. =
Last year's event was truly<br>&gt; fantastic I'm told. Many of the old =
GP drivers raced in MILLIONS of pounds<br>&gt; worth of vintage racing =
and sports cars, and several of them said it was<br>&gt; the best racing =
event they've ever attended.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; There are two ways we can =
do it. Either we pre purchase tickets etc. and<br>&gt; turn up to enjoy =
the day as presented by the organisers, or we could<br>&gt; organise an =
exclusive 'FOTer Hospitality Package' at the circuit which will<br>&gt; =
include a reserved table/s, full 4 star catering and 'champers' etc. - =
this<br>&gt; facility will not be the cheapest. As I run my own =
'corporate<br>&gt; entertainment' company, however, I'm sure I can get =
us a 'cost deal'. I<br>&gt; know there will be plenty of U.K. Triumph =
people at Goodwood in 2001, so we<br>&gt; could end up with our own =
'Private Triumph Racing Chalet' within the<br>&gt; exclusive tented =
village -we'll see. Other alternatives include 'campers'<br>&gt; or =
tents parked in a reserved area for the duration of the event =
(self<br>&gt; catering). I'll get some costings over the next few days =
to see what's on<br>&gt; offer. I will, however, front up with a welcome =
drinks and nibbles<br>&gt; reception for the FOTer group - whatever we =
decide to do. John and I can<br>&gt; also advise on tours and trips =
------=_NextPart_000_01BE3AF6.1CD46540--