fot

Speaking of Heads

To: fot@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Speaking of Heads
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:56:07 -0500 (EST)
List folk...

Bob B.'s reply reminds me of a problem that I have. I have an early TR6
head that is essentially virgin with one problem. There's a crack between
the intake and exhaust valve on one cylinder. Has anyone had any level of
success in repairing a cylinder head that is cracked?? Alternately, would
installing new valve seats help out??

I'm just looking for some info. I intend to bring the head to a shop to
see if they can render an opinion, but I wanted to see if anyone out
there has dealt with this before.

By pure coincidence, I started looking into that head on Sat. morning,
but I had to meet a buddy on Sun. about helping him out with a different
kind of dilemma. It turns out that he had acquired a TR6 motor that was
being prepared as a "race motor" - I did the math this AM, it's a 12.5:1
head and it has a small dome on the pistons. The motor's in my garage
right now. Looks like I'll be needing to find the local "panther piss"
station to fuel that baby. Yes'm CAMMMMMMMM TOOO.

;-)
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |