fot

Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey

To: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:15:53 -0500 (EST)
FOT's
Renting basic transport in the British Isles will set you back
significantly more cash than in the USA (about twice the US rates). Also,
don't count on getting a gas guzzling SUV over there, which reminds me to
warn you about high petrol prices...  Make reservations early if you are
traveling in the summer, availability is limited.  US drivers license and
Passport (both valid) is all you need. Definitely get the insurance, if
you've never driven the backroads in Europe, they are alot more narrow and
twisting than is typical of US roads.  Re: driving on the left, it does
take a little getting used to especially when turning in an intersection
you may find yourself heading up the road on the wrong side, but you'll
adjust rapidly.  Warning:  Watch those roudabouts and stay out of Central
London if you know whats good for you. Never taken a car from US, plenty
of ferry and chunnel possibilities for the Continent however.
-Kevin