fot

Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey-Candidates

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com,
Subject: Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey-Candidates
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:05:19 EST
In a message dated 11/01/99 20:22:52 GMT, you write:

<< Jeff Snook is investigating the cost of shipping cars. Leon F. Guyot might
 shed some light the requirements as he is having this experience as we
 'speak'.  >>

Well, I was getting the GT6 brought over in a container with 5 others, to
reduce the cost, (still quoted 1000 GBP, not USD!), and that's one way.
The problem is that the car would be delivered to a Belgian Port, and I'm not
too happy about my Concours GT6 with it's 6000 USD paintjob (Mazda Competition
Yellow), and all new chrome ,being stuck at the bottom of a three-up, three
down container, perhaps underneath unrestored cars with dirt and oil leaking
onto my car...no sir, plus potential problems with customs duties in getting
it from Belgium into the UK...
I am presently looking at having it brought over by a professional import
company, even if it means a slight cost increase as it may be cheaper in the
long run.
they also take care of all the paperwork.
I'll keep you informed.
It is due to come over during May 99, whilst I am on holiday in South Africa,
and should be here when I return...

Regards
Leon