fot

Fuel System Questions

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel System Questions
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:17:03 -0600
Greetings FOT,

I am requesting your recommendations for electric fuel pumps for my TR4
vintage racer, which will be returning to the track in 1999 after a long
vacation. As I look in various catalogs, I see a variety of gallon per hour
ratings, operating pressures, and fitting sizes. For example, the commonly
available Facet/Bendix silver top interrupter style pump has a 30 gallon
flow@ 2psi, 1/8" NPT fittings, and 4-5 psi maximum operating pressure. The
same manufacturer also makes a blue top model that operates at maximum of
6.5 to 7.5 psi, has a flow of 45 gph @ 2 psi, and has 1/4" NPT fittings.

I would also like to hear pros and cons as to whether a fuel pressure
regulator would be a good idea. My car has Stromberg 175's on it.

Any and all other suggestions/recommendations gratefully accepted.

Thanks much,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
66 TR4A CT52499