fot

Re: nomination

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: nomination
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 05:53:04 EST
Steve...what an excellent recommendation. From my first meeting with Kastner
in '83 in his shop in Gardena where a friend and fellow Triumph nut was
interviewing him for our club newsletter and we invited him to our club
meeting and he regailed us with race stories and triumph history, I have
always wished there was a forum where we could tap his insights, technical
knowledge and of course the great stories. Hope he's willing to share as he
does when he visits the team pits.Understand someone in the club got him to
Triumphest this year...sorry I missed that one.

For the benefit of the FOT list... I asked and got Kas Kastner to "sign" each
of the "E Ticket Triumphs" team cars 2 years ago at the Tustin thunder races.
I figured if the Shelby guys can do it why shouldn't the Triumph racers do
them one better!! We all laminated the signature "O.K. to Race - K. Kastner"
to the rear deck of our cars in nice black bold pen strokes and photo'd the
ceremony for posterity. We all made sure he signed a spot least likely to be
bent...smile.

I can't think of a more significant FOT member to recommend and certainly wish
to second the nomination. Besides this is the kind of club I think Kas would
enjoy...no dues ...no pressure...and all the "Triumph" you can get.

Hope the FOT agrees and Kas is willing to join and share in the many threads.

Cheers!!

Billy Burroughs, E Ticket Triumphs #195 EP1, 1965 TR4A-IRS