fot

Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

To: Malaboge@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
From: "R. KASTNER" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 07:44:56 -0800
About the gearbox casing. The early cases did NOT have heavy ribs along the left
side. The later parts DID have very heavy ( wide ) ribs running along the side.
If
you can find the later heavy ribbed type you have a winner. We had incredible
trouble with the early types breaking. We finished a couple races with about an
1"
gap between the bellhousing and the gearbox case itself and oil leaking from
everwhere.. To help this until the new parts arrived the factory installed a
thing
we called the "Gong" under the rear portion of the early types to help with the
vibration problems. If you have one with the "Gong" don't just throw it away put
that darn thing on it does help.)  This "gong" is a weight about 3" in diamter
and  fitted under  the gearbox. Probably everyone knows this, but it just came
mind.   Kas Kastner