fot

Re: rear springs (fwd)

To: esp@hypermax.net.au
Subject: Re: rear springs (fwd)
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:14:38 -0600 (MDT)
    I am looking at converting my Mk1 GT6 historic racer from fixed to swing
    spring and adding a rear anti-roll bar & possibly a thicker front bar.

The swing spring will greatly reduce the roll rate of the rear, which will
reduce the tendency of the rear axles to tuck under.  Then adding a rear
anti roll bar will undo the benefits of the swing spring.  Forget the rear
bar, put a fat ( 7/8, 1") bar on the front in conjunction with the swing spring.

I have seen, I think in an old copy of the TSSC "Courier" magazine, a chart
of rear spring sizes and rates.  Maybe someday I'll find it again.

mjb.