fot

Re: TR6 frame value?

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 frame value?
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 02:01:07 EDT
Don...a frame brings about $200 if clean and straight and not rewelded at
front right inner A arm attachments...or at upper right forward diff
mount...and no nose tweaks. Preferably has the pan still between the front
frame rails that the sway bar attachs to. The diff is $150 if a good spider
gear core...$250 with a useable pinion/ring set...the uprights(vertical link
and spindles are $25 each used....and trailing arms are getting scarce...(I'd
even buy the set from you)...at about $20 to $30 each if in a set.(The spare
front hubs have some value to...fronts cheap...rear hubs expensive...even
used if good. Core value is $25 to $50 depending where you get them rebuilt
lately. And I buy good ones for $50 to $75 all the time to stockpile for club
members. Half shafts? $$ Front A Arms a nickel apiece. Used balljoint and tie
rod ends, etc. make novel Xmas gifts....race car paperweights, etc.,...or so
I've told my wife)

Hope that helps.

Bill (and Joanne) Burroughs, VTR So West Rep,
E Ticket Triumphs Vintage Race Team, Founder SCTOA
70 TR6, 69 TR250, 73 MkIV, 69 GT6+, 59 TR3A and two 65 TR4A
Vintage Race Cars. Happy Motoring!!