fot

Michelotti drawings

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Michelotti drawings
From: MWO.Jeans.Fashion@t-online.de (MWO Jeans & Fashion)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:24:40 +0200
Dear Amici,

thanks for the hints regarding 'Sabrina'. I took a deeper look into my TR
literature and it is indeed the 'Zoom' prototype. Actually the one without the
side vents in the front wings.

I bought the complete material at the weekend for an awful lot of money. It
contains 2 Spitfire prototype drawings (1960), 4 TR 4 drawings and 8 'Zoom'
drawings (3/59). It shows some never seen design variations of these cars. They
are the original master drawings from Giovanni Michelotti, part of them with
date
and signed by him. They are on a kind of grease proof paper drawn with a pencil.

The story behind it was told to me as follows: After the death of G.M. was the
studio run down and at one day all the material was dumped outside the premises
at Torino/Italy. An italian guy who knows what it was saved it, despite some of
it were already damaged by rain. A profesional German collector who mainly
deals
with Ferrari and Porsche items bought the lot about 10 years ago. The main part
of the Triumph related material was bought by a well known German Triumph
collector. It should have contained also a lot of Italia material. This is the
rest of the material.

I am more interested in the Spitfire drawings so if someone is interested in
the
other material please contact me.

Michael Moenstermann
Thymianweg 20