fot

Custom Dashboard TR 4A (250, etc.)

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Custom Dashboard TR 4A (250, etc.)
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:57:02 -0700
You may have seen my posts about the dashboard I am working on for my TR
4A.  At this point, I have made my master buck for the basic stock shape
and glove compartment... without holes for guages etc.  When the time
comes, I will use this to attach quality marine plywood to... and use a
router, etc. to make the basic shape...

I know this has been a lot of work, just to get to this point.    My
thought is...

Maybe providing a basic blank dashboard would be of value to some of you
guys...  i.e. just the basic shape with the angled edges to fit...  and
perhaps with or w/o the glove box cut, etc.

With this work done... it would be easy enough for you to choose your
own laminates and drill holes for guages, switches, etc.

If there is some interest in this... I will keep it in mind as I
proceed... and if providing such an item could be done at a reasonable
cost/effort, maybe it is something I can offer.

Even remote interest or comments would be appreciated...

(I probably would never get into the business of providing finished
"stock" dashboards.  I will leave that to the current suppliers.)

--Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner