fot

Fwd: Rebirth Announcement! This is the year!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Rebirth Announcement! This is the year!
From: TR3197@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:01:58 EDT
--part1_eb2f0080.244a34a6_boundary

New FOT member, Gary Weizorek, wrote such a nice introduction of his TR4 and
himself to his friends, I felt it needed to be shared with the FOT.

Joe

Please welcome him.

In a message dated 4/17/99 8:19:06 PM, gwizracing@cfu-cybernet.net wrote:

<<Hi everyone,

After nearly five years of work (off and on), between long work hours
and out-of-country assignments, the assistance of lots of dead
presidents($), and primarily with the significant help of some excellent
friends, the rebuilding of my 1963(4) Triumph TR4 is finally complete.

She came to life last Sunday April 11th at about 6:45 PM.  Doctor Jack
Drews delivered, as Tony Drews and I assisted.  She had minor breathing
complications at first (poor intake manifold gasket seal), but basically
roared to life at first ignition.  She screamed for the first 3 or 4
minutes during camshaft break-in (as recommended), and had a slightly
elevated temperature (normal), but never burped or whined or anything
like that.  She has a healthy appetite for 110 Octane Leaded formula. I
am unsure about her weight, but I would estimate it at a healthy 2,000
pounds.  Her color is pretty good, although a little German in her
genetics greatly influenced her British heritage with a Porsche Red
glow.

I still need to deal with a few items of care, including having her
stance checked out.  I believe the toe-in is nearly correct, but she
needs to have her camber set for her new life.  For the fast times ahead
she will need a slightly negative attitude so she will hold the road of
life and speed well.  The other item, while sounding rather major won't
hurt at all, and in fact, will help her breathing tremendously.  It's
the exhaust you see.  She needs to have a custom-made extension from the
tuned header, to the rear end.  The doctor says, it seems 2 1/2" to 3"
pipes will make her breathe better at high speed, not to mention
increasing her exhaust roar.

Her feet are clad with Vintage Hoosiers that will provide outstanding
grip. The front disc and aluminum rear drums will help to see that
things come to an abrupt stop when needed.  Her energy is instantaneous
when awakened with a healthy feeding from dual SUs.  Her power is
fortified with four different speeds and overdrive.  If that isn't
enough, her rear-end is locked for traction when necessary and the ratio
will provide some high speed movement.

I just don't know how an old man like me will be able to keep up with
her.  I have to find some good rear view mirrors because I'm afraid that
I won't be able to run with the young ones.  They'll probably run over
me.  I'll probably have a hard time just to keep up with the others and
to restrain her new young energy.

I'll have to go back to school, I guess.

My plans for the year are hopeful.  No doubt there will be some early
problems, but I am hopeful that I can put her on her tandem axle
stroller, and attend about five events.  The first will be a school for
young dads and their new kids at "Gingerman Raceway" in South Haven,
Michigan on May 22nd and 23rd. It's called "Spring Brake Driver's
School".  It includes a race on Sunday.  Next, will be a weekend at the
"Blackhawk Classic" June 19th and 20th at Blackhawk Farms Raceway at
Rockton, Illinois.  I hope to be at the "Brian Richmond International
Challenge" (BRIC) at Road America, July 22nd to the 25th in Elkhart
Lake, Wisconsin.  The other two events that I would like to attend are
the "Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival" September 24th to the 26th in
Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, and the "Circle City Fall Finale" October 8th
through 10th at Indianapolis Raceway Park, in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The event that you may enjoy the most is the "Brian Redmond Challenge"
at Road America.  I say this because, it is a major event with thousands
of wonderful people and hundreds of exotic sports cars.  The problem is
finding motel rooms nearby. This may be an event you take with your RV.
If you are interested in attending any of these events, let me know well
ahead of time so I can arrange crew passes for you.

I'm looking forward to the summer very much!

Special thanks to Jack Drews and Joe Alexander for helping to make this
dream come true.

Love and Best Regards to all,
Gary (New Dad)