fot

Fwd: Friends of Triumph

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Friends of Triumph
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 06:06:01 PDT
  Ladies and Gentlemen (I use those terms most guardedly...)

  I submit another hapless Triumph racer whom I believe should be
  inducted into our lofty ranks... We should not hold a mere matter
  of geography against this fellow (he lives in Australia). This fact
  would make it difficult for him to attend our regular meetings...
  or for that matter the irregular meetings as well.

  I understand the moon does shine "down under" so he can gather on
  his own to howl at it (like we do from time to time). Furthermore
  if we do induct him, we can make him the Grand Poobah, High
  Muckety-Muck, Imperial Whatever of our Australian branch... Or does
  this smack of too much "organization?"

  Greg Petrolati

>From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@ibm.net>
>To: Gregory Petrolati <greenman62@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Friends of Triumph
>Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:44:45 +1000
>
>Yes - I'd very much like to be plugged into the "Friends of Triumph".
>My interest in Triumphs is very much aimed at vintage racing.  I am a
>member of the TR Register here (side screen TRs only) and the TSOA
>(Triumph Sports Owners of Australia), but us "racers" are a small
>sub-group of all that.
>
>On the other hand, the HSRCA (Historic Sports and Racing Car
>Association) is a wonderful and very active racing group with
categories
>for all sorts of vintage cars.  It would be great to plug into
something
>that was specifically aimed at Triumph vintage racing.  If you get
me an
>address, I'll write up something more detailed about the scene down
>here.
>
>By the way - where do you live?  As it happens, although I've lived
in
>Australia and New Zealand for the last 30 years, I actually grew up
in
>the Los Angeles area, which is where I came across my first Triumph
in
>the early sixties.  I went to college at the Riverside campus of the
Uni