fot

The Quest - History of TR2 Longdoor Race Car

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: The Quest - History of TR2 Longdoor Race Car
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:39:41 EDT
Since the list of fot members has grown considerably since I first circulated
this request for information, I thought that I would circulate it again on
the chance that a new member would know something about the TR2 longdoor
racecar (TS3281L).

I have traced the history of the car to an unknown racer and owner that lived
in Richfield, Minnesota ( near 84 th street). That person is said to have
raced the car at Donnybrook and other places. When the car was purchased from
this unknown racer and owner, it was a light blue (we believe the car was
originally white and at some point repainted light blue).

The serial numbers on the drive train parts are basically all replacement TR3
and maybe even a TR4 parts. It does have an overdrive transmission. When
raced, the car had a roll bar secured with a supporting bar on the driver's
left. The body has a lot of bumps and bruises ( and has earned the nickname
of lumpy from the bondo). However, it is surprising solid for being in
Minnesota, which may mean that the car was not always in Minnesota.
Unfortunately, there is precious little else to distinquish this car.

I have spoken to David Helms, the long time Minnesota triumph mechanic and
racer, that previously owned and raced my current TR3A racecar. He and others
I have spoken to remember a light blue TR2 longdoor racing at Donnybrook.
(they also said there was a light blue TR3 of about the same color) I have
put in a small letter to the local Land of Lakes SCCA chapter newsletter,
todate it has produced no responses. Maybe some of you new members remember
the car and/or driver.

Cary Perket 619-488-4760