fot

Re: Singers?

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Singers?
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 09:52:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 4 May 1999, Jack W Drews wrote:

> Are you going to the Mid-ohio MG / TR shootout?

I plan to.

> If so, have you ever sung in a quartet?

Yep. Several, actually.

> About a year ago we had a brief discussion on the net regarding this --
> now the subject has raised its head (or four heads, possibly).

I think I was in on that conversation.

> There are two of us who have done a little quartet singing - and between
> us we could carry some combination of bass, baritone, or lead to a
> simple tune or two. Anybody out there who can sing lead or tenor? It
> might be a hoot to add it to the MG / TR festivities...

I normally sing bass or lead. My vocal range is more or less baritone...
although I have to stretch a bit to get above "D"

> Since we've all heard howls of derision, shrieks of pain, and shouts of
> joy in our hobby -- maybe some of us could try the harmonious stuff!
> (Preferrably with Barbershop experience, since practice opportunity will
> be limited, just like our race weekends...)

We could use technology here... let's see, convert a song from a CD to MP3
format, e-mail it around - and we could sing-along with the 'puter. It
could work.

And I can practice on the way from Boston to Mid-Ohio... nobody would be
able to hear me... sounds like a plan!

> --
> uncle jack
> 61 TR4 Racer
> 71 TR6 Street Car

rml
TR6's
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |