fot

Re: Straight cut/close ratio gears

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Jack Wheeler" <jwheeler@robus.com>
Subject: Re: Straight cut/close ratio gears
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 08:15:49 -0500
Jack, Irv and Hardy,

FWIW,
This is an 1.25" input shaft. I'm hoping that it is an original gearset
designed for comp dept. as opposed to the 1" set out of the Dolomite.
HP passed on the following info and offered to compare results to
known sets he has:

>I have never heard if a straight cut gearset for this box,
>and I have worked on many of them.
>count the number of revs of the in shaft vs
>the prop shaft flange and post it to me & I'll
>probably be able to match it to a known set.
>1.88 to 1 is the really trick CR 1st, and all
>are 1 to 1 in 4th

I'll check the rev's tonight! Fingers crossed.
Thanks,

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
Corinthians Vintage  Auto Racing Club