fot

Re: Overdrive kick-out

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>, "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive kick-out
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 18:26:22 -0500
On the track it's actually the downshift from 3rd to 2nd that's hurting me.
I'm thinking that a shift from 3rd to 2nd O/D would be beneficial. On my
home track, which 4 out of 5 of the races I go to are at, there is a
button-hook turn which I come into hot in 3rd. A downshift to second after
braking puts me at about 5300 rpm. Staying in 3rd I drop below 4200 rpm and
dog my way back up. (After I install the O/D) I could shift to 3rd O/D
before braking and downshift into 2nd O/D, flip the switch off so I can hit
3 then 4. What I'd like is to be able to select 2nd O/D on that downshift,
and then have it kickout as I shift into 3rd. Maybe I should try it with the
O/d before I re-invent the sun-wheel?

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
Corinthians Vintage  Auto Racing Club