fot

Racing "Down Under"

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing "Down Under"
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 20:18:53 +1000
Since I’m headed off next weekend for the biggest Historic race meeting
in the state of Victoria , I thought some of you might be interested in
getting a bit of a feel for what the scene is like “down under”.  Winton
is one of our favourite race tracks, although we’re always a bit wary as
to what we might find weather-wise (remember here we’re heading into
winter).

Winton is the only historic meeting where we also have motorcycles, so
that just manages to increase the numbers.  We still get plenty of
racing in, although sometimes the grids get a bit bigger than we’re used
to.  The group I race in (Sa) is for production sports cars up to 1960,
will have a few Sb cars (newer) in with us, but for your interest, the
Sa field entered includes:

. TR2/3/3As            4
. Sprites                   7
. Austin Healeys       5
. MGAs                   5
. Alpines                  3
. Elva Couriers         2
. Jag XK150            2
. Daimler SP250       1

I wonder how different that list looks compared to what many of you run
up against.  We usually have a Turner or two included and one lonely
Corvette, but both are out this year due more to aging pilots than to
the cars!

Will let you know how I get on.  And for sure I will let you all know
what reaction I get from the F.O.T. sticker plastered prominently on the
side of the car!!