fot

Re: Racing "Down Under"

To: wdayton@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Racing "Down Under"
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 06:57:25 -0400
Easily the most notable difference is the total lack of Porsche, both 356
and 911.  Our major events have large numbers of them, sometimes nearly  a
quarter of the total grid.  Also prominently missing is anything from the
Lotus camp, the 7 is popular in the older ranks and at least a few Elan's
are usually found in the newer cars.

Interesting to see Alpines on your list, I've rarely seen one in 10 years of
racing.  Had one as a street car back in the mid-60's, was effective as a
"date car", maybe as a racer it wasnt the best.

Good luck on your race weekend, have a Triumphant time.