fot

Re: More Tires

To: <Malaboge@AOL.COM>, <fot@autox.team.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Tires
From: "Jim & Ann Brown" <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 16:54:07 -0500
Nick,

I am running Avon Turbospeed 6.00 v 16  tires on my 1948 Bentley Special.  I
did not choose them intelligently -- they were on the car when I purchased
her in England.  I have had no complaints with the tires.  I drive the
Bentley on the road to the track (about 100 miles), on the Texas World
Speedway during the racing weekend, and home again on the road.  On the
track she handles as if she were on rails.  Quite impressive.  They are on
the verge of needing replacement, and I intend to replace them with the same
Avons -- I guess that is the test.

Whether or not all this is owed to the Avons -- who knows?   Nobody,
however, has yet suggested that it is the driver.  :-)

All the best,

Jim Brown
CVAR
Houston