fot

Grassroots Coverage of Mid Ohio Triumph/MG race & more

To: GRMTim@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net, mgvrmark@hotmail.com
Subject: Grassroots Coverage of Mid Ohio Triumph/MG race & more
From: TR3197@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:58:35 EDT
Hey Tim Suddard (GRM) and the FOT

You need to join us at the MG/TR Challenge Wine and Cheese Party on Saturday.
I know you know that, already, but it bears repeating the invitation.

Also, If you have samples of your highly regarded magazine, Grass Roots Motor
Sports, to hand out please feel free to bring them.

(That reminds me, Greg Petrolati, if Pam Shawtraw from Victory Lane magazine
is going to be there, please invite her)

Sorry Paul Richardson("Triumph Over Triumph") can not join us, but suspect he
will make the crossing from England sometime in July.

Ted and Doris Schumacher, of TSI and other corporations, are also making a
contribution for the weekend. Talked to Doris today. Always gracious, the
Schumacher's.

TRF and Moss Motors will be also represented and are making a gift
certificate(s) contribution to the MG and TR Racers.  Perhaps Victoria
British will come through as well.

Bill Dentinger is going to make opening remarks and presentations. He will
also be making an appearance with the Dentinger/Wismer "Thunderbolt". Bob
Wismer would be there as well, but he is off on a retirement odyssey to the
British Isles.

We invited one 'famous' author/automotive journalist to attend, but I have
not heard back from him....Will try again.

Still no word from the Panoramic Photographer from WV, but have not given up,
yet.

This weekend is going to be a good one.

I wonder if anyone from Texas will be there. Still coming, Susan Hensely? The
"Spitfire Squadron" will be there 'enforce', and led by Russ Moore. You need
to connect with this bunch.

The long distance members will be from California.  And a TRS will be on
display at the TRF booth. A 24 Hours of Le Mans Triumph.  The Ex-Slagle TR-8
will be there courtesy of, and driven by, Vern Brannon.

An Ambro will be there....  #001 in fact.  A moment to remember late good
friend Bill Ames. Bill Ames' Peyote will not be able to make it...but we will
see it again some other time as it remains in good hands, moving from FOT
Culver to Babcock.

Another Floridian reports in and says last minute situation and blessing from
wife will get his TR4 to the track. Bring wife too, Roger.

Richard Taylor will be DRIVING his car to the track from Atlanta, GA. His
race car trailer will be the thing connected to his TR4A hitch, containing
his race tires, and spares.

The FOT!   What a group....!!!! Proud to be part of it.

The MGVR guys are OK too. (I owned a MG TD Mk II once, so I have to be nice)

Later,

Joe Alexander (TRs) and Mark Palmer (MGs)

Credit where credit is due....Mark Palmer has done a lot of work in making
this weekend very special for us. Dont forget to thank him. Met him for the
first time at Summit Point.  Very nice MGA and runs in the spirit of vintage
racing.  Class act, I'd say.