fot

Re: More Tires

To: Malaboge@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: More Tires
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 05:45:19 -0700
Nick:

I have used both the 008s and the BFG R1s on my 911s and can offer the
following comparisons.  The grip was similar between the two with the
BFGs being better in the wet (it does rain in Southern Florida).  I
found the BFGs to be more linear when approaching the limit of adhesion
and give better communication to the driver through the steering wheel;
the 008s seemed to let go more suddenly making things a bit busy in the
corners.  Both are excellent tires and tended to wear at about the same
rate (the 008s may have gotten one more event that the BFGs).  If both
are available in your size, either would be a good choice.  I'll still
using the BFGs but may have to shift to Hoosier since the R1s are no
longer made in my 205/60x15 size...

Good luck!

*8o)