fot

Mid-Ohio

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>, John Rollins <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Mid-Ohio
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:41:45 -0400
I encourage others to post reports on the weekend since we
all saw it from different places in the paddock and on the
track.  We'll all learn little bits from reading each of
those reports!  I' ve already seen one report that has the
top of the TR/MG finishing order. My 20th place with an
engine that was sputtering wasnt my finest hour but it was
back alive Sunday morning.

Highlights:

400+ cars overall.  Probably the largest SVRA Mid-Ohio race
ever

75 cars list on the grid order for the start of the normal
group race the TR3 is in

nearly that many for the TR/MG race

We all owe a big thank you to Joe Alexander for all his
effort to put this together.

everybody paddocked in the only grassy paddock left at the
track.  So many leaky British cars in one spot it may need
superfund help to clean up the mess.  Lots of great folks.

Panoramic photo taken at the keyhole with all those TRs and
MGs in three rows, what a cool old camera from the 1930s

Mordy Dunst from California learned to drive probably the
most technical track in the east US in 1 session!  This guy
flys.  Massively wasted all the tractor TRs in the TR/MG
race.  What a drive.

And then he provided the wine (not whine) for the after race
party.  Thanks guy!

Many awards distributed at the party.  Maybe Bill Dentinger
has the list and can publish it.  Bill Warner, winner of the
race and all around great guy was recipient of the award
donated by Susan Miller in memory of her husband, John
Kelly.  Bill was truly surprized since he thought he'd been
involved in the decision...guess not, eh Bill?

My friend and team mate, Glen Efinger was awarded the Bill
Ames award, a traveling trophy whose recipient is selected
by the previous holder.  Dentinger made this selection, he
can drop us a note and explain the whole thing.  Glen and  I
had a chance to meet, talk and race with Bill Ames over that
last few years of his life and that makes the award even
more special.  Ames was a great guy and his cars were really
interesting.  There was one Ambro at this event and it was
well turned out, a good representative of the marque.

Let's hear from everyone else!