fot

Re: It was a great meet - Re: VTR

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It was a great meet - Re: VTR
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:47:32 -0600 (MDT)
    The meet itself was an outstandingly orchestrated event... AND it goes in
    the record books as being the second largest turnout VTR has experienced.

Gee, must be all those folks who thought they'd escape the heat and humidity
of their home town for the cool coast of Maine.  He he.

I had a great time, it was nice to meet some new folks.  Henry Frye, in
particular, for two things.  He was the first person at the autocross to
get out there at full chat, and actually squeal some tires.  Fun to watch.
And also the memorable moment when I was sitting at a table on the boat to
the lobster bake, he walked over, set down a frosty can of brew in front of
me, and said something like "I've been wanting to do this for a while."
Thanks!

While that little parking lot was hardly a venue well suited to the ex Slagle
racer, it sure was nice to see, and hear, Vernon taking his exhibition run.
Maybe someday in the not too distant future we can get a chance to see this
car, as well as others of note, strut their stuff suitably at a VTR meet.
We shall see.

And of course, another Thank You to John for the use of the TR4.  While the
FTD trophy is one I've been wanting for a while, the totally unexpected
momento of appreciation for my Team.Net work was REALLY neat.  Wow.

mjb.