fot

rear Spring Stiffness

To: <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear Spring Stiffness
From: "Henry A. Morrison" <dos_gusanos@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:43:18 -0600
Thanks for all the responses on spring stiffness.   As a couple of notes I
ran a rear sway bar on my tr3 and I thought it took a lot of the twitchyness
out of it.  the car I am working on is  a healey 3000 but not too much
unlike a TR (a bit HEAVIER).  This thing rolls over like the Bismarck It has
a heavier front Bar and Springs.  I am going to drive it with two added rear
leaves and see what I think.  Most of you have said that the softer rear end
is the way to go but then why is it that when I push down on Paul Smock's
TR4 rear end  the car stands up and slaps me in the face.  I am sure he
could put a camper on the car it is so stiff.  He also uses fairly light
sway bars.   Anyway  I'll write if I need my rear end picked out of the
Pueblo International Guard